top of page

Can Dogs Eat Grapes?

Photo by Günter Hoffmann on Unsplash

Have You Ever Wondered, Can Dogs Eat Grapes?

Are grapes toxic for dogs? Yes!!! And raisins too! (which are just dried grapes) It doesn't matter the type of grape, there all toxic! although the toxic substance within grapes and raisins is unknow, these fruits can cause kidney failure. Until more information is known about the toxic substance, it is best to avoid feeding grapes and raisins to your dog. The same goes for cats.

Here's a list of possible grape toxicity signs in dogs.

  1. Vomiting and/or diarrhea

  2. Abdominal pain

  3. Lethargy

  4. Loss of appetite

  5. Breathing difficulty

  6. Fluid cessation ( will not drink water or urinate)

  7. Tremors

  8. Breathing difficulty

  9. Dehydration ( panting, dry nose and mouth, pale gums)

Grapes or raisin ingestion should be considered an emergency! It is important to see your vet even if the dog isn't showing symptoms .

Grapes can cause kidney failure. In cases of kidney failure, signs can progress to tremors, seizures or comas. Its crucial to act quick if your dog shows any of these signs.

Animal Poison Control 1-888-426-4435

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page